Monday, December 3, 2007

stuff i think about

1) I sometimes think about things.....sometimes. Anyway, the most recent thing i was pondering about was happiness. After watching the "pursuit of happiness", I think I realized that happiness is only derived from the journey. Its true that the the successful end brings you momentary euphoria, but it's your journey towards success that impacts you the most.
Soon after the success, you often begin to feel indifferent about it, and in my case, you start to want more. However, this never the case with the memories you have from the journey. When you think back, you often feel proud - the memories are kind of bitter sweet. You feel glad that you were able to live through them, but also you probably wouldn't want to relive them again. All of my comments above were probably just rambling. I find it hard to describe my thoughts after watching the movie.

2) Sid the sloth from the movie "ice age" is the most dynamic person/thing I know. He was able to make fire when the crew was making their way though a blizzard storm. And, through his ingenuity, he was able to make a fire to keep the baby warm - all done without setting his tail on fire..... I especially admire his snowboard/skiing skills that he employed to outrun the tigers. I think Sid is very inspirational. He is the sticky nasty stuff that you can't quite get rid of, that holds the whole group together.

3) the piece art that has inspired me is actually the song "imagine" by john lennon. I like the sense of hope he tries to express. It makes me feel hopeful when I feel sad, or I think something is hopeless. I admire Lennon's ability to still be hopeful, even when he points out all of the flaws he finds with the world.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much for the last blog - EVAR. but yeah, i think your response to prompt number one was on the dot and made a lot of sense.

Anonymous said...

So much for the last blog - EVAR. but yeah, i think your response to prompt number one was on the dot and made a lot of sense.

Anonymous said...

So much for the last blog - EVAR. but yeah, i think your response to prompt number one was on the dot and made a lot of sense.

Anonymous said...

So much for the last blog - EVAR. but yeah, i think your response to prompt number one was on the dot and made a lot of sense.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. Miles said...

I had never thought about that before, that it was the journey. You're right. I think that when you hit your first big milestone, you aren't satisfied; it just gears up for the next one.

When I saw that movie, it made me question how we, as a culture, define happiness. I'm trying to focus on being happy with what and who I have rather than focusing on what I want to have someday.