Monday, January 7, 2008

the unexciting blog

1) I don't really think I have any guiding principles. I feel that I live my life in the present, and most of my actions are circumstancial. But, for the purpose of this exercise, I guess I could come up with a cliched statement. My guiding principle is "treat everyone with respect". I try to stick to this principle....mostly of the times. Sometimes, I feel it's just impossible to achieve. But, even if I do go against my own guiding principles, I never go against it before I get to know someone. I never disrespect anybody based on any first impressions, or at least I try my best not to. There probably has been some time that I have acted on a first impression, but I don't distinctly remember one. This is a guiding principle, because it is the basis for our civilization. It is the foundation for tolerence which should be a very important aspect of everyone's lives.

2) Ummmmm.....I don't really watch the news that much. I guess the Hollywood writers' strike had kind of an impact on me. I remember feeling really annoyed that they shorted the season of Heroes from 24 to only 11 episodes. That really made me angry. There were also several other shows that were shortened with really terrible season finales that bugged me. Some other "headline" news that affected me: Britney Spears getting arrested. This made me feel good about myself because I realized that I'm far more fortunate than her, even if she is rich. Looking at her "stoned" picture in the paper made me feel satisfied.

3) I haven't actually decided what I want to accomplish this year. I guess one of my goals would be to save up for a new laptop, hopefully a really good one. Either that, or I bug my parents enough so they buy me one. I probably won't be able to achieve this goal, because I'm not very good at saving up money and my parents are already pretty resistant to my begging. Other accomplishments include beating the battle tower on my Pokemon game. This has been eluding me for a few months now, and I feel that it is time to dominate. I can't think about anything. I guess I could try to be more serious about my homework...and not procrastinate, but that's probably never going to happen no matter how hard I try.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could concentrate on that homework better if you stoped fighting your poke thingies. Good luck on the lap top, and I am happy to see that you dislike that brittany spears lady too.

Taylor said...

agreed

Mr. Miles said...

Yujie, you had my exact thought on the whole Britney thing. It's awfully nice to be an average person when you see what wealth and fame can do to people.