Wednesday, September 12, 2007

assignment 1: about me

Hi!!!! I'm Yujie. And although I'm taking a creative writing class, i generally don't do much writing outside of school, except for debate. I have written several cases for my current debate topic, but they are usually very tedious and forced. Thus i probably don't have many writing interests. This could be due to all the previous English classes I have taken, which have all had heavy emphasis on writing analytical essays....very boring. But, regardless, I am enjoying the newfound freedom of stressless weekends.
So....even though i don't spend my free time writing :(, I do enjoy reading, watching TV, spending time with friends, and playing computer games. I have recently become interested in a drama on NBC called Heroes.

Anyway, I don't really have an all time favorite author, but the Harry Potter series does rank pretty high in my list. I find the style very readable, which helpful when taking a break from dense writers like Foucault and Nietzsche.

An example of my writing is:
I take a bite
into that heart shaped slice.
Grease in my mouth
as I picture the cholesterol
blocking my heart

I sit on the couch
watching old romantic movies,
And feeling the cheese
condensing inside.
Each straining pulse
ringing in my ears
like a bad cough
it wheezes
grease consuming
and dies

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I like that poem its cool.

Anonymous said...

ha, i like that poem, and it really sounds like the average american. Eating all that junk food and watching all that tv. Sometimes i can actually feel my health slipping down the drain too. particularily when i go to Micky-D's. good job man